Friday, October 3, 2008

Mountain Messages-"Mountain Secrets"

Here is another phase of Mountain Secrets. I added more color and worked on the composition creating a lake and pushing the mountains back further into the background. Adding more lights and darks. I am not happy with the stark edge of the lake and the line it creates in the lower 3rd of the image. I love the atmosphere of the sky and the mountains. I also need a focal point and will create that where the two horizontal lines of the lake and the lower shaped mountains converge. I also am thinking of adding clouds and softening the mountains even more. The colors in the foreground are too strong and there are no shapes that make your eye travel throughout the piece. So, I continue to ask, "What if....?" and search more of what I can do to make it better. I let it sit for weeks and let it "cook" hanging in my studio. I study, look, listen, let it be...

So, here is the finished piece! I added a river instead! Ha! I am happy with this one. It looks very colorful in reality and with the added 3 coats of gloss varnish, I must say, it looks pretty cool!
I am working on another one for this series that is coming along nicely. I will post that soon, too! Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: