Thursday, April 16, 2009

Still in Process...

Just when I thought I was just about done with this painting, I let it sit for awhile-a good month-and pulled it out to look at it. Good thing I did-Ugh! I needed some major changes! I wanted to change the protruding cliff on the left especially. I thought it was just too much, too prominant, and now I am planning something new. I have sketched another image in my sketch book and will be redoing and reworking the foreground. Another thing I noticed is that the foreground is too green and I want to mix it up a bit. The focal point needs some work as well-it is just there-boring! So I will be adding different shapes and different colors in the foreground, working on the focal point and mixing things up abit. I still love the mountains in the back ground. I am asking myself alot of "What If's?" to see about new things that could develop. At this point, I am feeling that the painting is taking off by itself and wanting me to back off- and basically telling me to let go of the control. Some artists will say that their "paintings talk to them, tell them what they need and basically paint themselves". I totally believe in this idea. My paintings do that all the time! I start a painting with my own intentions of what I want and then half way, or even sooner, the painting just starts developing into something else! When this process starts to happen, I find it fun and exciting because I usually become challenged to learn and grow to another artistical level.




On another note, what do you think of this new one on the left? It is a close up of another painting I just finished called, "Mountain Moonshine". I will post the total image soon on my website. Let me know what you think- I would love to hear from you!

Deb

No comments: