Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day


It has been awhile since I've blogged. It has been 6 months since my sweet mother passed away and the tears and grieving are becoming more sporatic. Missing her still at night seems to be happening. Night time is the time when we all settle down and ponder, make lists, and do our creative thinking.

My painting process has been going well. I am doing the "Mountain Messages" series along with others-"Sisters Series, Dance Ballet and Hidden Treasures". They have all been keeping me very busy. I am presently working on 20-40 paintings all various sizes at this time. It is wonderful and challenging. I love going from one painting to another. Painting parts here and there where I feel the need to touch with my fingers or brush. It is very rewarding and fun to do. The painting on the left is called, "Slide into a Dream" and is from the "Mountain Messages" series. These are all done on 2"x12"x12" canvases. I am finding I prefer a more ethereal feel to these paintings bringing more fantasy and dreaminess to them. I will continue to paint until I find other challenges and pathways to "fall into" as I ask "what if?" while I paint. Look for more paintings to be posted soon or check my website at www.DebMagelssen.com.

No comments: